Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Self Burning Humans

On January 6, 1980, police and forensic specialists discovered a man’s body burned from a living room of a house in Blackwood Ebb Vales, Wales, United Kingdom. The body was almost fully burned, but the strangest factor was that armchair on which he sat was hardly damaged. Also nearby plastic objects were completely untouched by fire. Even though the fire didn’t damage the nearby objects it was so powerful that it burned almost completely the body, also as a note of the fire strength, it left a coating of vaporized flesh on the ceiling of the room. It still remains a mystery how the nearby objects were untouched by such a strong fire.

-Just Another Mystery

1 comment:

Sreeja said...

Hi there…

This phenomenon is called as Spontaneous Human Combustion (SHC).
Although the very reason for SHC is not known, there are few common characteristics for the people who have had SHC. These include that all of them were elderly and used to smoke & drink.
The book named "De Incendiis Corporis Humani Spontaneis" contains a collection of SHC cases.

Smiles,